You can check the "Alerts" box on the top right hand corner of this website. For clarification concerning district-wide school closure or school emergency information, call 970-384-6075 at any time to hear a message in both English and Spanish.
District Policy for Snow Days
Any decision to cancel school in the Roaring Fork School District is ultimately based on student safety. District officials make decisions on snow day school cancellations by 5:30 a.m. the same school day. In some cases if a storm is imminent school may be cancelled the night before.
- HOTLINE: Parents can call the Snow Line as early as 5:30 a.m., 970-384-6075 to hear a recorded message both in English and Spanish to see if school has been cancelled.
- WEBSITE: A notice will also be posted on the district website by 6 a.m. in the district Alerts box in the top-right corner of the site www.rfschools.com. The info on the Alerts box is the same info that appears on each school website.
- EMAIL: RFSD will send out a district-wide email to parents between 5:30 - 6 a.m.
- FACEBOOK: We will also post on Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/RoaringForkSchoolDistrict page.
- MEDIA OUTLETS: RFSD officials will also notify the following media outlets by 5:45 a.m. on snow days, including local radio stations KDNK, KSPN, KMTS/KGLN, KJAX, KSNO, The River and Radio Tri-Color (in Spanish), Denver radio station KOA 850 AM, and Denver television channels WB2, KCNC-4, KUSA-9, and KBDI-12.